October 10, 2016
Columbus Day seems like the PERFECT day for a sneak peek of this world traveling couple’s wedding! Jonelle and Andrew flew all the way from their current home in Bahrain to DC for an amazing wedding weekend with family and friends. The lovebirds met while working together in California and tried to play it cool for a while. You know the old adage…dating a coworker is never a good idea, right? Well that didn’t last for too long before the couple admitted to themselves that they were basically already a couple. The rest is history!
Jonelle and Andrew were married in Oldtown Alexandria’s historic Old Presbyterian Meeting House and celebrated their reception at GORGEOUS Army Navy Country Club. Their reception theme celebrated the couple’s love for travel and gave guests a glimpse into all of the amazing journeys they’ve shared together. And MAN did they throw an awesome party!
A Few Personal Highlights:
– That dress and its train…just look at it!
– The framed invitation suite that included invitations from the weddings of both the bride’s and groom’s parents. What a meaningful keepsake!
– Watching the entire bridal party play “Heads Up” while getting ready. This was a first! Non-stop laughter – for them and me! (If you have people in your wedding party who haven’t previously met – this is SUCH a great icebreaker idea!)
– Andrew’s obvious excitement when he realized that he placed Jonelle’s ring on the correct hand during the ceremony.
– Watching a little girl, who had clearly just been jumping in mud puddles with her rain boots, run up to Jonelle while we were taking portraits. Her Mom exclaimed, “She ABSOLUTELY LOVES brides!” (check out the photos below)
– When Andrew gave the crowd a thumbs up for their appreciation after he successfully spun Jonelle during their first dance.
– That dance party and the 90’s throwback hits that ROCKED the crowd!
Reception Venue | Army Navy Country Club
Church | Old Presbyterian Meeting House
Wedding Coordinator & Florist | Studio DBI
Videographer | Bowen Films
Hair & Makeup | Lori Nansi
Caterer | Spectrum